Imagine you got brand new upholstered furniture; the beauty, the newness, the excellence it adds to your space.
Such an amazing feeling, right?
You can’t seem to get over the newness and beautiful space?
But what if an accident occurs as you grab that hot cup of coffee, and it spills on your gorgeous upholstery?
The point is, one way or the other, you may find yourself in this annoying situation, and finding the most safe upholstery cleaning method is now your only option.
- When it comes to cleaning upholstered furniture, there are a few standard guidelines:
- Regular vacuuming is essential to prevent dust from penetrating deeply into fabric and stuffing.
- Spills should be treated as spots as soon as possible to prevent them from setting up permanent stains.
The standard practice , however, ends at this point because different upholstery fabrics call for specific maintenance.
What’s the Big Deal About Dirty Upholstery?
If you do not regularly clean your upholstery, several risks are waiting right in front of you. Your dirty upholstery can unleash several health problems, from allergies to severe asthma attacks.
Here are potential dangers that could be hiding in your dirty upholstery that you should be aware of:
Dirty upholstered furniture will likely contain invisible bacteria and pollutants that might irritate your skin mildly or seriously.
A few examples are skin erythema, rashes, irritations, intense itching, and other symptoms. In a severe circumstance, your skin may bulge, and having pets in the house can exacerbate the issue.
Microbes can flourish well on the heated surface of upholstery. In addition, dust mites, which cause allergies and rashes in humans, eat the skin flakes from our bodies.
There may also be edema in some cases. Next is pet hair, which triggers allergic reactions in kids in most cases.
Here’s a fact:
Bugs can draw in additional bugs. Asthma issues are caused solely through this and can exacerbate the illness. When exposed to this filth and dust daily, allergic reactions may develop.
When the amount of dust in your upholstery is excessive, it can cause breathing difficulties like coughing, runny noses, and watery eyes.
All these could result from dirty air, pet hair, dead skin cells, etc.
Cancer, neurotoxicity, and hypersensitivity are all lethal conditions that can arise from prolonged exposure to these particles.
Virus and Infections
Some of us are guilty of eating on our upholstery. We even touch the surfaces with our hands. Through this act, pollutants can get into the body.
Gastrointestinal infections result from this reckless practice, which creates the ideal environment for bacteria and pathogens to spread quickly.
Common flu spreads inside a family through viruses and microbes that thrive in the warmth of upholstery’s surface. The best method to guarantee a healthy environment within your home is to clean them regularly.
Unclean furniture and sofas can create a terrible ambiance in your home. It may even make you feel uneasy and chaotic.
While a stressful atmosphere will not immediately affect your body, it will impact your mental health in the long run. It simultaneously weakens your physical condition and makes you more susceptible to ailments.
What’s the Way Forward?
If you notice a spill quickly enough, you might be able to clean up the stain by yourself. Otherwise, get a professional to help.
Professional Cleaning Methods
Different professional cleaners use various methods to clean upholstered furniture. These methods include:
- Steam heat extraction
- Chemical cleaning
- Carbonation cleaning
- Extraction Cleaning
- Dry foam cleaning
Steam heat extraction
Uses high-temperature steam heat extraction technology to clean the upholstery of all hazardous particles, including dust.
- Ensures that there won’t be a wet aftereffect by removing extra moisture along with dirt and dust – As a result, there is a significant reduction in fabric shrinking. Also, the entire furniture is clean in a matter of hours.
- More cost-effective than other methods and guarantees the highest level of cleaning.
- Utilizes chemically safe products that are safe for use on leather and all other types of fabric.
- To effectively remove embedded particles and filth, a unique dry shampoo encapsulation technique will be used.
- This method requires a minimal amount of time to dry. In fact, once the sofa is clean, you can practically sit down right away.
- This method uses carbonating bubbles and ensures that the upholstered furniture returns to a just-bought condition.
- Only a tenth of the amount of carbonating cleaning agents with an effervescent effect is utilized compared to steam cleaning.
- It requires less water. Also, the cleaning procedure only takes 4 to 6 hours.
- Uses a powerful vacuum to remove debris, dust, and other impurities from the upholstery.
- It works best on very dirty upholstery and assists in removing stubborn stains and debris that other upholstery cleaning techniques might not be able to.
Dry foam cleaning
- Deep-seated grime and surface stains can be removed with dry foam cleaning, which doesn’t require any drying time, so your furniture is put back to use immediately.
- It is a risk-free, non-toxic method to use around kids and pets.
- Dry foam cleaning is the safest method for cleaning upholstered furniture.
DIY or Professional Cleaning Methods?
DIY upholstery cleaning might seem cost-effective. However, it is not always the best choice.
When selecting whether to clean your upholstery yourself or call a professional upholstery cleaning service, take into account the following factors:
Equipment and cleaning supplies
Professional upholstery cleaners have access to cleaning supplies of a commercial caliber that are not available to the general public. These methods and tools help to remove deeply embedded stains on upholstery.
Maybe you can rent the equipment instead of hiring a professional?
Machine is a tool — and not a cleaning method by itself. In the right hands, it will bring desired results. Otherise, you will waste money and might even injure yourself.
DIY upholstery cleaning might take a lot of time, particularly for first-timers. With professional service, on the other hand, you will save time and ensure your upholstery is thoroughly clean.
Upholstery cleaning professionals possess the knowledge and experience to get the best outcomes. They will fully clean and maintain your upholstery.
DIY upholstery cleaning can never replace hiring a pro to clean your upholstery. To maintain the finest appearance and increase the lifespan of your upholstery, Have your upholstered furniture professionally cleaned.
Fortunately, you don’t even have to professionally clean your upholstered furniture every day or fortnightly. Once or twice in 12-18 months is okay.
Don’t Know Who to Hire for Safe Upholstery Cleaning?
Our cleaning methods and solutions are not only suitable for all materials but friendly for humans and pets. More importantly, our operators are well-trained and licensed. In other words, your valuables are safe with us.